top of page

            ITIN Services

How can we help you?
How long does it take to get an ITIN?
When do you need an ITIN

   If you would like our help with an ITIN application or an ITIN renewal:


 We will:


  • Help you understand the circumstances where the IRS will - and will not - issue an ITIN;

  • Complete the ITIN application properly;

  • Examine and certify the authenticity of your passport to demonstrate your identity and foreign status;

  • Send your completed application to the IRS;

  • Notify you when your ITIN has been issued;

  • Help you answer any questions from the IRS; and

  • Resubmit your ITIN application if the IRS rejects the application for a reason we can correct.

We typically receive a response from the IRS within 10 to 12 weeks after submitting the application. There is no guarantee that the IRS will grant your application and issue you an ITIN.  The service fee must be prepaid before we begin to assist you and is non-refundable. 

The IRS requires a good reason that relates to the current tax year before they will issue you a U.S. Individual Tax Identification Number.  For example, the IRS will issue an ITIN if you:

  • need to file a U.S. non-resident income tax return for the current tax year.

  • will receive dividends or distributions from a bank, corporation or partnership in the U.S. that is required to report information to the IRS or withhold federal taxes.

  • will earn money by working in the U.S. and you are eligible for reduced income tax withholding rate because of a tax treaty.

  • are buying or selling real estate in the United States.

  • are a US resident alien who is required to file a US tax return.

  • are a dependent or spouse of a US citizen or resident alien.

  • are dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder. 

When you submit your application, you must include documents that demonstrate why you need an ITIN.  Without the required documentation, the IRS will reject your application and you have to start over. 

Normally, the IRS expects to see a non-resident income tax return with the ITIN application. If you need an ITIN for some other approved reason, you must include the supporting documentation required by the IRS.  Click here-->       for a list of the documents that the IRS requires if you are not including a US income tax return. The IRS calls these "Exceptions" to the tax return requirement.

bottom of page